- About the Center
- Team RIM
- Innovation and Industry
Facilities and Equipment
Existing facilities and computing equipment at the Georgia Institute of Technology will provide sufficient resources to host the XXX research projects. All faculty are associated with the Center for Robotics and Intelligent Machines (http://robotics.gatech.edu), which houses a variety of shared resources in addition to the individual faculty labs. Accumulated, a list of the robotics equipment available include:
- Golem Krang: a mobile manipulator designed and built by the Humanoid Robotics Lab at RIM, featuring a Schunk robotic arm mounted on a custom Segway Human Transporter.
- Simon: a face-to-face, robotic research platform featuring an upper-torso humanoid social robot with two 7-DOF arms, two 4-DOF hands, and a socially expressive head and neck, including two 2-DOF ears with full RGB spectrum LEDs.
- Sting: Porsche Cayenne with 10 cameras, 8 SICK scanners, and an on-board 16 CPU cluster.
- Segway RMP200 Research Mobility Platforms
- Willow Garage PR2 robot
- Sony AIBO legged robots
- Pioneer 2-DXE and 3-AT robots
- ActivMedia Amigobots
- Darwin-OP, Manoi & HUBO humanoid robots
- Video capable Quadrotors (10 x Draganflyer SAVS)
- Underwater and Surface Water Robotic Vehicles
- 10+ robotic manipulator arms (3 x KUKA KR210, 2 x KUKA KR5, Yaskawa/Motoman SDA 5, Universal Robots UR5, Schunk Robot Manipulator, etc.
- Omni-X holonomic robot platform with a 8000 lb payload
- Numerous Kinect, SICK scanners, various lasers, vision/motion systems, cameras, IMUs, and associated equipment.
Fabrication Shop: a lab with band saws, drill presses, lathes, presses, grinders, 3-D printers, etc. for the fabrication of robotic components.
Electronics Shop: a lab with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, programmable power supplies, soldering equipment, etc.
- A 10-node Dell PowerEdge 1855 Linux cluster with dual Pentium4 Xeon EMT64 processors
- A network video surveillance setup complete with a network hub/switch and 6-8 computers for video recording
- Workstations each equipped with graphical processing units (GPUs) for implementation of real-time computer vision algorithm
Sampling of Robotic Equipment as Specified in REU Project Descriptions.
Humanoid Robots (Manoi, Darwin, Simon)
Mobile Robots (Pioneer AT, Golem Krang, PR2)