RIM@GT offers continuing education courses for industry professionals looking to tune their robotics skill set. An overview of sample of courses is provided below. These courses are targeted towards both those from industry and academia.
Continued Education Courses
- Fundamentals of Autonomous Vehicle Design and Control (COMP 7101P) 
- An overview of AV (Autonomous Vehicle) technologies, in general, and underwater vehicles in particular. Attendees will explore robotics computing and software development through simulation and design of a controller (with mission planning) for an autonomous robot. The course is oriented toward practicing engineers and researchers interested in unmanned vehicles for both civilian and military applications. The course will be structured with lectures in the morning and practical hands-on learning experiences in the afternoon.
- Fundamentals of Industrial Robotics and Deployment of Robots (COMP 7102P) 
- Fundamentals of industrial automation and robotics including the hardware, controls, peripheral equipment, and successful implementation of a robotic system deployment in a flexible production environment.
- Human-Robot Interaction (COMP 7100P) 
- The aim of this course is to introduce some of the core human-robot interaction challenges: Human-robot teamwork and collaboration, robots learning from people, robots sensing and modeling people in their environments. Development of computational models of social intelligence for these robots that will allow them to have interactions that are natural and intuitive for a human partner will be discussed. The course will also address experimental methods for evaluating robots deployed in human environments.
- Perception in Robotics (COMP 7103P) 
- A survey the state of the art in perception for robotics, which is one of the key enablers to deploying robots in more realistic and unpredictable environments. In this two-day course, we will give an overview of Low-level Vision, Object-level Perception, Tracking and Localization, and mapping techniques, understand the context and situations in which these methods apply, and provide hands-on experience in applying some of these methods to real-world problems.
Additional information about these courses can be found on the GT Professional Education Website .